Before you get startted filing for your unemployment, please have the following:
- Email address
- MyAlaska Log in & Password (create if you don´t have one already)
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Employers for the last 18 months
- Current wages/salary
- Your start date
- Your last date of work
- Job title
- Reason for leave (termination, laid off, hours cut)
There two way to file your unemployment claim:
This is the fastest way to file throusgh the Alaska Department of Labor & Workforce Development Unemploymenr insurance. https://labor.alaska.gov/unemployment/
- Call the claim Center
- M-F 10am-3pm
- Expect long hold times
- (907) 269-4700
File for Alaska Unemploment – Step by Step
Step 1: Go to myAlaska
Step 2: Select Unemployment Insurance Benefits
Step 3: Log in to or create a myAlaska
You will then be prompt to a Client Authentications Screen. Fill out and select to continue and begin your Unemployment claim.
Step 4: Begin your unemployment claim. Select File a new claim.
Follow Screen Prompts
Answer questions and continue.
Select Last Employer
The last employment information
The registration information:
You should register & with ALEXsys online @ Jobs.Alaska.gov. You will see the dates you will begin your bi-weekly claims. You will need to log on bi-weekly so long as you are unemployed.
You´ve completed your application.
- You will receive in the mail your amount and when you need to complete your next bi-weeks claim
- You will need to log in every two weeks to process a bi-weekly claim for the prior two weeks. So keep your log in information handy
- Also now you can set up your direct deposit, if you don´t wish to do so they will mail you a debit card soon.