In this tutorial you will know how to apply for Tennessee Unemployment.
If you have any questions, you can contact us in the comment section.
Apply for Tn Unemployment
Let´s get started!
Forgot Your Username Password?
First of all, you´re gonna go to: jobs4tn.gov, and like every body else I can´t remember my username, then click “Forgot Username Password”?
Option 3 > “retrieve both” (click that).
Choose “Individual” and “answer verification questions on this site and display it”.
Now this is just personal information. Here you should put in your own information here to reset your password.
And the next is the moment to enter a new password.
To the next you will get to see your dashboard with a lot of good information.
Usually the first thing we do is go to update contact information. Make sure your contact information is correct.
Start an Unemployment Claim
In the box “Unemployment Services”, click “Start an Unemployment Claim”.
Click “Next” in Claimant Eligibility section.
You will be in Welcome to JOBS4TN.GOV section. Just read the screen and click Next.
Workers´ Compensation Information
The bar at the top is your progress, so you will have to fill in each category until you complete everything.
In our case, I haven´t received any workers compensation information.
Work History Verification
Did you work between 10/1/2018 and 9/30/2019?
States You Have Worked In & Where You Have Claimed Unemployment
Have you wiorked in two or more states between 10/1/2018 and 9/30/2019?
Have you claimed unemployment insurance benefits within the last 12 months?
Have you worked for, or earned wages from, the United Stated federal government (not military) between (correspondent date)?
Were any of your wages earned in the military from (correspondent date)?
Login, email and Demographic Information
Here is all about your login, email and demographic information.
Name & Personal Information
Here you will have to confirm your Name, Middle Initial and Last Name.
Also you will have to confirm all abou your personal informationm, like the residential address and more. Read through to make sure your information is correct.
Preferred Notification Method & Site Access
Please select a method in which you prefer to receive your notifications.
How would you like to receive your 1099-G tax form for Federal and State withholding?
Answer with the correspondent options.
From where are you accessing this website?
How did you hear about this website?
Answer with the correspondent options.
Citizenship, Disability and Child Support Deductions
Answer if you are an U.S. Citizen/Naturalized or not.
Do you wish to disclose a disability? In our case we´ll answer “No, I do not have a disability”.
Do you make or owe child support payments? Answer according to your case.
Enter information about:
- Your Highest Education Level Achieved:
- Are you attending school?
- Do you have specific plans to enroll or attend school or vocational training in the next 12 months?
Enter information about:
- Current Employment Status
- Type of business worked in:
- Unemployment Eligibility Status?
- UI Refered by Status
- Claimant has been exempted from work search
- Date claimant was exempted from work search:
- Are you currently looking for work?
- Do you have any related licenses or certifications?
- Have you recently relocated due to a recent major disaster (e.g. hurricane)?
- Within the last 12 months, have you received a notice of termination or layoff from your job or received documentation that you are separating from military service?
- Date of Layoff, Termination or Military Separation:
- Have you applied for any od the following services within the last 30 days?
Farm Worker Information
Have you worked as a farmworker in the last 12 months? Answer according your situation.
Employment – Status
Answer the next questions:
- If offered a job today, could you accept?
- Are you self-emploted, or the owner, or operator of business or farm?
- Are you an elected official?
Employment – Miscellaneous
Answer the next questions “Yes” or “No”:
- Since you have become, are you working on a commission basis?
- Are you attending school or training? (For the purposes of your work availability, answer No if you´re participating in online courses or taking classes at night.)
- Did you become unemployed or partially unemployed as a direct result of a foreign trade competition covered by Certified Trade Partition? (If not sure, answer No.)
- Have you been employed by a public or private school during the past 18 months? (Answer No if you are a Head Start employee or day care employee.)
- Are you filing for Unemployment Insurance benefits for reason related to pandemic?
Major Disaster Information
Are you unemployed as a direct result of a major diaster? Answer “Yes” or “No”.
Labor Union Member
Are you a member of a labor union which finds / obtains work for its members? Answer “Yes” or “No”.
Job Title & Job Ocuppation
What is you desired job title?
You will have to select the Suggested occupation(s) and keep in mind the Occupation Title and the Occupation Code.
When click Next, you´re gonna get this pop-up:
Answer the next:
- Are you of Hispanic or Latino heritage?
- Race – Please check all that apply:
Answer the next “Yes” or “No” questions:
- Are you currently in the military, a veteran or the spouse of a veteran?
- Are you a caregiver who is a spouse or family member to a member of the armed forces who is wounded, ill or injured and receiving treatment in military facility or warrior transition unit?
- Are you a member of the armed forces who is wounded, ill or injured and receiving treatment in a military facility or warrior transition unit?
- Are you the Spouse of someone in the active-duty military service. National Guard or Reserves who is currently activated?
Answer the next:
- Do you have a valid driver´s license?
- Dirver´s License Number:
- State Issued:
Answer and enter the next information:
- What type of benefit payment would you like to receive?
Comments and Clarifications
If you have any comments or clarifications concerning your claim, enter them in the box of this section.
Answer the next:
- Do you want Federal Tax withheld? (If yes, it would be 10.00 % of the weekly benefit amount):
Verify Your Identity
You will have to verify your identity by answering the following questions:
- What are the last 5 digits of your Driver´s License number?
- Which of the following addresses have you ever been associated with?
- Which of the following vehicles have you recently owned or leased?
Answer these questions
Unemployment Compensation Claim
You can read this information in this section about Unemployment Compensation Claim. Click Next to continue.
Previous Employment History
Here are the records that indicate you have worked for one od the employers listed below. You have to identify the employer you worked for by clicking the Select link to the right of that employer´s name. If you did not work for any of the employers listed please click the I have not worked for any of these employer´s link.
Partially Completed Employment History
In this case, I´ve only worked for General Motos. Click Next to continue.
Here you have to enter the employer information. In this case I´m gonna give the General Motors address for Southfield Michigan. Only thing I need to do here is just enter a phone.
Scroll down and answer these questions:
- Did you earn at least $2.750 from this employer?
- Is this your last employer?
- Enter the EMPLOYER´S name (not your name) as shown on your check stub:
- If Maritime, enter the vessel name:
Job Title & Occupation
In this case, I just put “Production Worker”. In the Suggestes ocupation(s), please select the occupation that best matches your job title. You may select the drop down list. In this case I just our “Production Worker”.
Here you will have to enter all this information:
- Type of employment:
- Full or part-time:
- Number of hours a week you normally work? (excluding overtime): (Whole Hours and Partial Hours)
- Gross Salary:
- Salary is based upon:
- Salary is commission-based:
- Date you began work:
- Are you currently employed with this employer?
- Gross earnings this week:
- Number of hours worked this week:
- Employer´s Reason for Separation:
- Reason for Separation:
- Last day worked:
- Duration of Job:
- Does the employer intend to recall you within 16 weeks? (If Yes, answer the Anticipate recall date)
- Were you separated from this job beacuse you had family responsabilities that you had to attend to?
- Was this employment with an educational institution?
- Are you a corporate officer or a relative of a corporate officer?
- Did you lose your job or were your hours of work and/or wages reduced as a result of increased imports or a shift in production to a foreign country?
- Were you separated from this job beacuse of lack of transportation?
- Job duties: (Here is just a quick sentence about what you do it worked)
Benefit Payment Information
You will have to answer the following questions:
- Did you receive any Severance Pay?
- Did you receive any Vacation Pay?
- Did you receive any Holiday Pay?
- Did you receive any Sick Pay?
- Did you receive any Bonus Pay?
- Did you receive any WARN Payment?
- Did you receive any Wages in Lieu of Notice?
- Did you receive any Separation Administrative pay or Ten Day Calendar pay?
Pension / Retirement Information
You will have to answer Yes or No the following:
- Pension / retirement benefits:
- 401k / 403B / Personal IRA / KEOGH:
- VA Disability Pay Award:
Worker´s Compensation Information
You will have to answer if you received or will be receiving Worker´s Compensation payments from this employer.
This section give you a picture of your employment history. Scroll down and you will see the Additional Employment History section. Here you will have to answer the following question:
- Are there any other employment history mitems that you would like to add?
In this case, I selected the first option “I agree that these are all of the employers and wages”.
Employer GAP Analysis
Click on enter Explanation link to submit your explanation GAP in Employment History.
Unemployment Insurance Claim Confirmation
Click in “Review My Claim” if you would like to review what the system has on file for your Unemployment Compensation claim. Click the Next button to continue.
What you Must Do to Request Weekly Unemployment Benefits
Here you will have to check each box to indicate that you have read and understand the following requirements before you continue.
Benefits Rights Information and Responsabilities
Read the two options boxes below. I usually select “I will view or print the full BRI document later..”
Unemployment Claim Confirmation
In this section your Unemployment Insurance claim and work registration account has been created successfully submitted and will be reviewed for eligibility. Here is more information about the next steps you need to take.
You will also have available a contact information. Is importante that you read the acknowledgement information. Click “I certify that the information..” and click Next.
In this section you will need to provide of identity. You need to choose something from LIST A and something from LIST B. In this example I´m gonna to choose photo´s driver license and my health insurance card.
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you´ll see “Upload ID Documents”. Take a picture o your documents and then click the blue box at the bottom of the page for upload the ID documents.
Submit a request
Here you need to enter your email address. The subject is proof of identity. In the description “I´m sendind images”, enter the “Phone number” and add file in Attachments and click “Submit”.
Don´t click back. You can click on the “Upload ID” link again to see that your request has been submitted.
On the next, it´s gonna give you some job matches.
In the dashboard, other important information is your “Weekly Claim Certification”.
Also in “My Benefits Plan”:
Your Message board:
That´s all! If you have ant questions, you contact us on the comments section down. We hope this tutorial was helpful and have a good day.