The labor market information section of jobs4tn.gov is a valuable resource for anyone seeking career information or details about employment trends.
If you’re considering a career change or simply want more information about job opportunities and occupational outlooks in your area, this section can provide you with the necessary insights.
Accessing the Labor Market Information Section
To access the labor market information section, start by visiting the jobs4tn.gov website. Once you’re on the homepage, navigate to the labor market information section by clicking on the drop-down menu labeled “Labor Market Information” and selecting “LMI Home.”
Exploring Industry Information
If you want to gather information about a specific industry in a particular area, follow these steps:
- On the LMI homepage, click on the menu and select “Occupation Profile.”
- In the subsequent menu, select “Occupation Summary.”
- To specify the area, click on “Tennessee” and choose your desired area type.
- Enter the job title you are interested in (e.g., heating and air conditioning mechanics and installers) and click “Search.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Building Equipment Contractors.”
By following these steps, you can access valuable information about the chosen industry. This includes growth rates, demand levels, top occupations within the industry, advertised job skills, as well as maps displaying employers and available job openings.
If you want to know the current number of job openings in this industry, simply click on the “Jobs” tab at the top of the page. Clicking on the respective job number will show you individual job openings to which you can apply.
Remember, jobs4tn.gov is your go-to source for comprehensive workforce development data in Tennessee. Start exploring the labor market information section to equip yourself with valuable insights for your career journey.