Filing an additional claim is necessary in certain circumstances.
This article will guide you through the process. There are several reasons why you might need to file an additional claim:
Circumstances for filing an additional claim:
- A review of your account found sufficient wages to establish a new regular claim for unemployment benefits.
- You reported earnings over 1.5 times your weekly benefit amount during your certification week.
- You went back to work and are now separated from an employer again.
- You did not certify or waived three weeks of benefits in a row.
- You had a quit or fired separation during the week you are certifying.
When filing your additional claim, you will need to provide the following information:
- Dates of employment and names of all companies you have worked for since your last claimed benefits.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any out-of-state employers.
Here’s how to file your additional claim:
- Log in to your MyWAM account.
- Under “I want to,” click the link for “View all claims.”
- Under “Alerts,” click “File a claim.”
- Read the required information for filing an additional claim, then click “Next step.”
- Verify your information and make any necessary updates, then click “Next step.”
- If you want your claim to begin prior to the current week, answer “No” to the first question and enter the desired start date when prompted. Answer the remaining questions and click “Next step.”
- Enter the employer account number (EAN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN). If you don’t have an EAN or FEIN, select “I don’t know.”
- If your employer is listed, click the link to answer and review questions. If not, select “Click here to add.”
- Select the appropriate type of employer to be added. If you haven’t worked in the military, federal government, or another state, select “Regular Michigan employer.”
- Enter the FEIN or EAN if provided and click “Search.” Select your employer from the list that appears and click “Yes, this is my employer.”
- Click “Here to search for the occupation code” and enter the type of work you do. Once you find your occupation code, click “OK.”
- Complete the remaining employer information and click “OK.”
- Look for the green check mark to ensure everything is completed, then click “Next step.”
- Select your preferred method of payment and click “Next step.”
- Choose whether you want to receive information electronically or by postal mail and click “Next step.”
- Read the entire benefit rights page, then acknowledge that you have read and understand it by clicking the box. Click “Next step.”
- Review the information and click “Submit” to file the additional claim.
- You will receive a confirmation that your filing process is complete. Follow the instructions on your confirmation page for your next certification reporting week. Click “OK” to return to your welcome screen.
- You may log off.