Menu Close

Filing for Unemployment in Colorado

Filing for Unemployment in Colorado

There are two ways to file for unemployment benefits.

The fastest wat to file is by going to: Clicking on the “NEW CLAIMANT”.

New claimant on colorado ui

You can file online even if you:

  • Have wages in states other than Colorado.
  • Were discharged from the military.
  • Worked for the federal government.

The only time you cannot file online is:

  • You received workers´compensation in the last three years.

You can use a computer at your local Workforce Center or at your local library if you do not have access to a personal computer.

If you cannot file online, you can call the Customer Service Center at 303-318-9000 or 1-800-388-5515 outside the Dever-metro area.

Be prepared to provide:

  • Your social security number.
  • Your legal name and any other name you have used in the past 18 months.
  • Your address, including the ZIP code and county.
  • Information about your jobs during the last 18 months: The name and address of each employer, how much the employer paid you, why do you do not work there any more.
  • The gross amount and date received of any additional income you received: vacation pay, severance pay.
  • The name, local number, and address of your union hiring hall (If you gwt your work through a union hiring hall).
  • A copy of your Form DD-214, Member 4 if you just got out of the military.
  • A copy of your Form SF-8, Notice to Federal Employee About Unemployment Insurance.
  • Your Form SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action if you worked for the federal government.
  • Your valid state driver´s license or ID card if you are a U.S. citizen (You may be asked to send other documentation).
  • Your alien permit number if you are not a U.S. citizen.

For more information go to:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *