There are two ways to file for unemployment benefits.
The fastest wat to file is by going to: coloradoui.gov. Clicking on the “NEW CLAIMANT”.
You can file online even if you:
- Have wages in states other than Colorado.
- Were discharged from the military.
- Worked for the federal government.
The only time you cannot file online is:
- You received workers´compensation in the last three years.
You can use a computer at your local Workforce Center or at your local library if you do not have access to a personal computer.
If you cannot file online, you can call the Customer Service Center at 303-318-9000 or 1-800-388-5515 outside the Dever-metro area.
Be prepared to provide:
- Your social security number.
- Your legal name and any other name you have used in the past 18 months.
- Your address, including the ZIP code and county.
- Information about your jobs during the last 18 months: The name and address of each employer, how much the employer paid you, why do you do not work there any more.
- The gross amount and date received of any additional income you received: vacation pay, severance pay.
- The name, local number, and address of your union hiring hall (If you gwt your work through a union hiring hall).
- A copy of your Form DD-214, Member 4 if you just got out of the military.
- A copy of your Form SF-8, Notice to Federal Employee About Unemployment Insurance.
- Your Form SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action if you worked for the federal government.
- Your valid state driver´s license or ID card if you are a U.S. citizen (You may be asked to send other documentation).
- Your alien permit number if you are not a U.S. citizen.
For more information go to: coloradoui.gov